Why Drive a Manual?
Driving a manual offers benefits related to both safety and fun, here are a few examples:
1. Driving a manual requires more interaction with your car. This will make you focus, and more aware of your surroundings.
2. Driving a stick shift turns your daily drive into an exciting experience. It should inspire you to explore some back roads instead of taking the highway like everyone else!
3. A stick shift requires both of your hands to be put to work, so you can say goodbye to using your phone or other forms of distracted driving that have proven to be lethal.
4. Don't want to let people borrow your car? With over 90% of the population unable to drive a manual car, owning a stick shift will certainly help. Talk about a theft deterrent, too!
5. Plan on traveling outside of the USA? Many countries prefer to drive manual, and renting an automatic costs extra. If you really want to immerse yourself in an international experience, rent a manual!
Why Pay to Learn?
There are a few reasons why you should invest in learning stick shift:
1. When buying a new car, some manufacturers will let you save ~$1,000 if you choose a manual transmission instead of an automatic.
2. Manual transmissions are easier to diagnose than automatics when they have problems, and are simpler to repair. This will save you money in the long run.
3. If you have a friend or family member with a manual car, chances are they don't want to teach you due to the excessive wear and tear that their car will experience during the learning process. We have this covered!
4. Driving a stick shift is quite simply cooler than an automatic, and helps you stand out from the crowd.